Confidence Crisis in the Application of Cloud Computing in the Industrial Companies in Jordan a Field Study
The current study aimed at determining the extent to which the industrial companies in Jordan have a confidence crisis in applying cloud computing. This crisis is divided into three different categories: a confidence crisis in programs and operations, a confidence crisis in service providers and a confidence crisis in the security and protection offered by service providers. In order to achieve the purpose of the research, a questionnaire was designed covering the three areas of confidence crisis. (120) questionnaires were distributed on a stratified random sample of (81) industrial companies in Al Hassan industrial estate in Irbid; (104) valid questionnaires were retrieved. The results of the study show that there is indeed a confidence crisis in the application of cloud computing in the Jordanian industrial companies within the three aforementioned domains. The researchers recommend that the service providers should educate on the cloud computing mechanisms and how the systems, applications and stored data are protected, so as to avoid such a confidence crisis in the industrial companies.
- Abid, M. H., Jan, F., Mustafa, T., & Faridi, M. S. (2012). Cloud computing: A general user’s perceptions and security issues at Universities of Faisalabad, Pakistan. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 9(5), 375-380. Retrieved from https://www.ijcsi.org/papers/IJCSI-9-5-2-375-380.pdf.
- Al-Fadl, A. A. (2016). The efficiency of cloud computing in supporting banking databases. Al-Qadisiyah Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, 18(3), 246-268. Retrieved from https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=113471.
- Alhammadi, A., Stanier, C., & Eardley, A. (2015). The determinants of cloud computing adoption in Saudi Arabia. Computer Science & Information Technology, 55-67. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299867345_The_Determinants_of_Cloud_Computing_Adoption_in_Saudi_Arabia.
- Aljabre, A. (2012). Cloud computing for increased business value. International Journal of Business & Social Science, 3(1), 234-239. Retrieved from http://ijbssnet.com/journals/Vol_3_No_1_January_2012/26.pdf.
- Alkhater, N., Wills, G., & Walters, R. (2014, December). Factors influencing an organisation's intention to adopt cloud computing in Saudi Arabia (pp. 1040-1044). 2014 IEEE 6th International Conference on Cloud ComputingTechnology& Science (CloudCom). Retrieved from https://eprints.soton.ac.uk/372717/1/my%2520paper.pdf.
- Al-ulaymi, T., & Al-ulaymi, M. (2014, March 25-27). How to benefit from cloud computing applications in the information services provision in the United Arab Emirates? (pp. 1-14). The SLA-AGC 20th AnnualConference, Doha, Qatar. Retrieved from https://www.qscience.com/docserver/fulltext/qproc/2014/1/qproc.2014.gsla.6.pdf.
- Bansode, S. Y., & Pujar, S. M. (2012). Cloud computing and libraries. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 32(6), 506-512. Retrieved from https://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/index.php/djlit/article/view/2848/1392.
- Bhour, K. M. S. (2016). The presence of factors influencing the adoption and application of cloud computing in the government institution from the higher management perspective. Master’s thesis, Islamic University Gaza, Palestine. Retrieved from https://iugspace.iugaza.edu.ps/handle/20.500.12358/20793.
- Budņiks, L., & Didenko, K. (2014). Factors determining application of cloud computing services in Latvian SMEs. Procedia-Social & Behavioral Sciences, 156, 74-77. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/275544705_Factors_Determining_Application_of_Cloud_Computing_Services_in_Latvian_SMEs.
- Chen, N. C. (2009). A feasibility study of the adoption of cloud computing in the development of information system. Master's thesis, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK.
- El-Batsh, M. W., & Abou Zina, F. K. (2007). Research methodology “research design and statistical analysis” (1st ed.). Amman, Jordan: Dar al Masira Publishing House.
- Elena, G., & Johnson, C. W. (2015). Factors influencing risk acceptance of cloud computing services in the UK government. International Journal on Cloud Computing: Services & Architecture (IJCCSA), 5(2/3), 1-16. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3382/4579a3f3b072e3e88a6ddca183057f42cba9.pdf.
- Gupta, P., Seetharaman, A., & Raj, J. R. (2013). The usage and adoption of cloud computing by small and medium businesses. International Journal of Information Management, 33(5), 861-874. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259123423_The_usage_and_adoption_of_cloud_computing_by_small_and_medium_businesses.
- Hashemi, S. (2013). Cloud computing technology: Security and trust challenges.International Journal of Security, Privacy & Trust Management (IJSPTM), 2(5),1-7. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b2b7/69db7ceea32793d7c3680a15edaa294695ae.pdf.
- Hashim, H. S., & Hassan, Z. B. (2015, August). Factorsthat influence the users’ adoption of cloud computing services at Iraqi universities: An empirical study. Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, 9(27), 379-390. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/234f/86e672e6d16c3c434b90c71dc17e80dde009.pdf.
- Hsu, C. L., & Lin, J. C. C. (2016). Factors affecting the adoption of cloud services in enterprises. Information Systems& e-Business Management, 14(4), 791-822. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs10257-015-0300-9.pdf.
- Hurwitz, J., Bloor, R. & Kaufman, M. (2010). Cloud computing for dummies. Indiana: WileyPublishing, Inc. Retrieved from: https://fit.mta.edu.vn/files/DanhSach/_R_Book_HP_cloudcomputingfordummies.pdf.
- Hussein, A., & Mohamed, O. (2015). Cloud computing and its effect on performance excellence at higher education institutions in Egypt (an analytical study). European Scientific Journal, (Special edition), 163-176. Retrieved from http://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/download/6528/6253.
- Jelonek, D., & Wyslocka, E. (2014). Barriers to the development of cloud computing adoption and usage in SMEs in Poland. Advances in Information Science & Applications, 1, 128-133. Retrieved from http://www.inase.org/library/2014/santorini/bypaper/COMPUTERS/COMPUTERS1-17.pdf.
- Kaushik, A., & Kumar, A. (2013). Application of cloud computing in libraries. International Journal of Information Dissemination & Technology, 3(4), 270-273. Retrieved from https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6092/71897acf17e74b546ecc8e1f1e9faac116bc.pdf.
- Majhi, S., Meher, S., & Maharana, B. (2015). Awareness and usage of cloud computing application among LIS professionals: A case study of 17 Indian University Libraries. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-Journal). Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1280/.
- Mell, P., & Grance, T. (2011). The NIST definition of cloud computing (pp. 1-3). Computer Security Division, Information Technology Laboratory, National Institute of Standards & Technology, Gaithersburg, MD. 20899-8930. Retrieved from: https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/legacy/sp/nistspecialpublication800-145.pdf.
- Mohammed, D. (2011, May 26). Security in cloud computing: An analysis of key drivers and constraints. Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective, 20(3), 123-127. Retrieved from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19393555.2010.544704.
- Office of Jordan Industrial Estates Corporation. (2017). Statistics. Irbid-Jordan. Pawar, N., & Udgir, V. (2016, June). A comparative study of data security in cloud computing environment. International Journal of Science, 2(3), 1-6. Retrieved from http://ijoscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/nikit-paper.pdf.
- Qurayqaa, M. Z. H. (2014). Effectiveness of a training program for the use of cloud computing applications in the development of e-learning skills among technology teachers. Master’s thesis, Islamic University, Gaza, Palestine. Retrieved from http://library.iugaza.edu.ps/thesis/115027.pdf.
- Ren, K., Wang, C., & Wang, Q. (2012). Security challenges for the public cloud. IEEE Internet Computing, 16(1), 69-73. Retrieved from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6123700.
- Romney, M. B., & Steinbart, P. J. (2012). Accounting information systems (12th ed.). Boston: Pearson.
- Saleem, T. A. (2016). Cloud computing between theory and Practice. Cybrarians Journal, 42, 1-21. Retrieved from http://www.journal.cybrarians.info/images/042/Cybrarians_Journal_042_Papers_07.pdf.
- Sayed, R. F. A. (2013). Open source cloud computing systems: Comparative analytical study. Iraqi Journal of Information Technology, 5(2), 17-41. Retrieved from https://www.academia.edu/5151512.
- Sharif, W. A., Hassan, M. A., Kurdi, S. A., &Yaafi, W. A. (2013). Effectiveness of the knowledge cloud containers and its role in supporting e-learning systems and development of scientific research in Saudi Arabia (pp. 1-24). The Third International Conference for E-learning and Distance Education. Riyadh. Retrieved from: https://kenanaonline.com/files/0100/100412/rp50.pdf.
- Sun, D., Chang, G., Sun, L., & Wang, X. (2011). Surveying and analyzing security, privacy and trust issues in cloud computing environments. Procedia Engineering, 15, 2852-2856. Retrieved from https://ac.els-cdn.com/S1877705811020388/1-s2.0-S1877705811020388-main.pdf?_tid=050d8f7a-0c77-4652-a844-09d020ede703&acdnat=1534192724_b8654cc6e02bf1b82caaa0ecc0f5379c.
- Tarmidi, M., Rasid, S. Z. A., Alrazi, B., & Roni, R. A. (2014). Cloud computing awareness and adoption among accounting practitioners in Malaysia. ProcediaSocial & Behavioral Sciences, 164, 569-574. Retrieved from https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/42980639.pdf.
- Turab, N. M., Taleb, A. A., & Masadeh, S. R. (2013). Cloud computing challenges and solutions. International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications, 5(5), 209-216. Retrieved from http://airccse.org/journal/cnc/5513cnc15.pdf.
- Zhygalova, A. (2013). Perceived value of cloud based information systems. Case: Accounting Information Systems. Master's Thesis, Aalto University. Retrieved from https://aaltodoc.aalto.fi/bitstream/handle/123456789/12746/hse_ethesis_13525.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y.
- Zissis, D., &Lekkas, D. (2012). Addressing cloud computing security issues. Future Generation Computer Systems, 28(3), 583-592. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167739X10002554.
confidence, cloud computing